Sunday, October 23, 2005

On the Road to Biloxi

Scene opens as Tom Is pulling the Escalade onto I-10 east heading towards Biloxi.
Linus is in the backseat lying back getting ready to take a nap.
Linus is taking a long drag off of a one hitter and Tom starts giving him some hell.
Tom: Where in the hell did you have that stuff?
Linus: Right back here.
Tom: Give me a hit.
Linus: Hell no, get your own or get me to Biloxi in one piece and then you can have some.
Tom: Why in the fuck are we going to Biloxi anyway?
Linus: Remember? We have to take the Coors to the little people.
Tom: Come on Alan!
Linus: See, I told you Alan was real.
Tom: Enough of that senseless dribble. You wanna get to Biloxi you better
give me some info now. Come on, quit holing out on me. I wanna know what all of
this shit is about. Did you get yourself mixed up with the mob in Vegas? Oh fuck,
you did didn't you. You know what those guys do to guys like us.
Linus: (obviously growing sick of the noise coming from Tom's hole)
Okay, chill the hell out and I will tell you what's going on.
Tom: You're fucking right you will.
Linus: You better SHUT THE FUCK up if you wanna hear this.
Tom: Right, okay, go ahead.
Linus: So, it all goes back to 96. I just graduated from Westpoint.
Tom: Westpoint? You told me went to Arizona State.
Linus: I did for a semester. Then I decided I needed to get my shit together. I figured if I could
get into Westpoint I could really open up a lot of doors. So, I decided to cut all ties
with you trouble makers from Indiana and focus on my future. Just after graduation
I was contacted by a gentleman who claimed to work for the Federal Government
of the United States. He sent me a plane ticket and asked me to meet
with him regarding an employment opportunity. You with me so far?
Tom: Arizona State, Westpoint, Federal Government, Job offer. Gotcha
Linus: (fade to flash back as the story is recounted)
I hop the flight from Phoenix to Baltimore and when I arrive he meets
me at the terminal. We climb into a large black sedan and we drive out to Fort Meade.
When we arrive I sign 20 or 30 confidentiality forms that note anything I might see
is classified information and unauthorized dissemination of that information
is punishable by anything from 3 yrs to the chair. After signing all of the required forms
He asks me to join him with 3 other gentlemen in an inner office. It turns out that
I am at the head quarters of the much fabled NSA. I didn't even know if this place existed.
To make a long story short they asked me if I would take a job working in Belize
with the CIA to figure out who was behind the plot to over through President Velesquez.
It seemed that they needed someone on the ground to intercept and decipher radio
and cellular transmissions. I was given the code name Alan Qwest. I had been in
Belize for about 6 weeks when I deciphered some intel that pointed to some
cooperation between a splinter military group and the CIA spooks that were there to
protect the president. I reported it to the officer in charge. This is when shit started to fall
apart. He pulled his sidearm. He told me I had 2 choices. First, I could go along with them
and take a portion of the payoff. Or I could take a bullet in the head. I told him I would go along with it in order to save my ass. He left the office locking the door behind him and instructing me to stay there. Shortly after he left I jimmied the door and escaped out the back.
I escaped the complex on foot and I kept moving until I was able get to the US Embassy in Guatemala. I placed a secure call to my handlers at the NSA and was airlifted back to the US.
Tom: Alan Qwest? Sounds more like James Bond. Whatthefuck? I'm supposed to believe this?
Linus: I don't give a fuck if you believe it or not.
Tom: Well then who the Fuck is Mike Browning?
Linus: Mike Browning is the name I was given after coming back from Belize.
I told the NSA I wanted out. They said I knew too much about the overthrow in Belize.
The only way I could get out was if I joined the Witness Protection Program.
At the time it was an easy choice. The CIA spooks knew who I was. Who in the hell
knew how many boys they had back here that would help them take me out. As time went by,
I couldn't stand the being alone any longer. That is when I called you in Vegas.
It didn't take long for you to convince me that I should come and visit. After that, it was over.
I left the Witness Protection Program without notifying anyone and moved to Vegas. I am
sure they know where I am and they have probably been fairly happy to leave me alone
while I was laying low in Vegas. But then I got the invite for Julianne's wedding
and I couldn't miss that. To top it off I won the 100 grand before leaving town. I know
it won't be long before they catch up to me but I have to get back to Indiana and see
Julieanne before the wedding. I have some things I need to take care of in person.
Tom: I think you have lost your fucking mind but you are a pretty good story teller.
Linus: Believe it or not, I don't give a fuck but you better keep it to yourself.
Tom: Alright man, take your nap and get the edge off. Maybe when you wake up you
won't be so cranky.
Linus: We should be in Biloxi in 6 hours. Wake me up when we get there
so we can make our delivery and get back to Indiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home